Quixotic is a 5,000 sq. ft. Event Space for Party, Event and Wedding Rental. Great for Birthday parties, Corporate events, Holiday parties, Quinceaneras, Bar/Bat Mitzvahs, Graduation parties, Proms, Baby and Wedding Showers. We’re also a perfect fit for Photo and Video Shoots.
We have a maximum capacity of 248 people standing, 200 for auditorium style seating and 200 for dining (but 150 or less for dining is more comfortable). We have full bar capability.
The Quixotic World features a full sound system, PA, microphones, great lighting, silhouette shadow dancing screen and 2 large screens with Blu-Ray players and projectors. We also INCLUDE gorgeous Throne Furniture, tables, black tablecloths, Eiffel Tower centerpieces with red/black feathers, chairs with black chair covers and red ribbon sashes. The Sorcerer’s Stage is 220 sq. ft. We also have a huge 3 section fridge if needed…And an Ice Machine for your convenience.
PARKING: Now Available at The Stack Building on Commerce St. Only 1 block over. $10/car and there’s always space available. 1-2 minute walk to our venue.
- What is the PRICING and what’s included? See Pricing link in top right corner
- Where is PARKING? We recommend Uber 1st! 2nd best Option is The Stack Building on Commerce Street. Always parking available and at the current moment it’s $10 per car. It’s a 1.5 minute walk to our building. One block over from us. Always a good idea to call them at the time of your event to be sure it’s still $10 per car…. sometimes these parking rates go up.
- Can I use my own food CATERER? Yes
- Any charge for using my own food caterer? No
- Do you have a list of preferred CATERERS? Yes (Caterers link above)
- Can I use my own cash bar caterer or bartenders? No (on both)…liability issue.
- Can we bring in our own alcohol or drinks (even non-alcoholic) if we’re having a cash bar? No. TABC code.
- Does your cash bar offer a bottle service? No (liability issue).
- Does your space come decorated and look like it does in the photos on the website? Yes…you need not lift a finger! The space is completely decorated for you already!!
- Do you provide tables, chairs, tables linens, centerpieces? Yes, Black table linens, plus black chair covers with red bow sashes! Round tables seat 8-10 at each table. Check out our Eiffel Tower Feather Centerpieces and whole table setup on our Gallery Page.
- Do you have tall cocktail tables? Yes, 4 of them.
- Do you have rectangular tables? Yes, we have one 4ft and one 8ft table.
- Do you have a screen with projector for photo slide shows? Yes, you have access to two HD projectors, two Blu-Ray players and large screens. One of them has audio hooked up as well. Just bring a professionally made dvd or Blu-Ray or your laptop with a Direct hdmi port in the laptop (we have the hdmi cable here already).
- Can we charge a cover at the door? Yes (EXCEPT FOR BYOB events). If you want alcohol at the event and you also want to charge a cover, we must hire Our bar caterer to run a cash bar for you (more details on our Pricing page PDF attachment).
- Can we Bring in our Alcohol? Yes (as long as you’re not charging admission for the event)
- If we bring in our alcohol, does it have to be at the venue one hour before the event starts? Yes…so our bartenders can set it up properly. Please do not bring in alcohol during the event.
- Can I bring my own DJ/photographer and other event services/vendors on my own? Yes (except bartender/police officer). But we can be your 1 Stop Shop. Check out the attachment on our pricing page for a full list of all of our performers/services.
- How Many Bartenders should I Hire from you? 1 bartender per 50 guests. (or 1 bartender per 25 guests for parties where most of the guests are age 20-somethings.
- When is the latest time frame I can host a party at Quixotic? 2am
- Can we get in the space early to set up? Yes, up to 2 hours before the event is standard, but arrangements can sometimes be made if you need more time.
- Is there a deposit required and is it refundable? 1/2 the total cost of the venue rental is due at the time of booking as a NON-Refundable deposit. Payment plans can be arranged if needed.
- Do you have a good sound system/P.A.? Yes, and a 16 channel Yamaha mixer is provided if plug-ins are needed for band/DJ. We have lots of Microphones too.
- Who is responsible for cleanup? Quixotic will do all cleanup. You will only need to take all your belongings with you when the event is over.
- What’s the maximum capacity of Quixotic? 248 people standing or 200 auditorium style seating. 200 people for seated dining (however we recommend 150 or less for seated dining for more comfort).
- Do you have a dressing room/green room for performers or brides and their bridesmaids? Yes
- Do you take checks? We take credit cards, cash and E-check only (no paper checks).
- When is my final balance due? 1 month prior to your event date.
- When can I come for a tour? We do our tours around 10am on Wednesday and Saturday mornings. Please contact us to make an appointment first.
- What is your pricing for Photo/Film/Video Shoots? $150/hr from Enter to Exit time assuming 10 or less guests and 2 or more hours.
- How much is the DAMAGE DEPOSIT and is it REFUNDABLE? Its $1,000 and yes totally refundable, as long as there’s no damage, overage time, bar guarantee fees, etc. Its separate from rental deposit and not even due until the day of your event upon arrival via credit card or cash.
Learn more about Historic Deep Ellum
The concept of Quixotic was created by the Hair Poet, Arteplesius (Eric Sacks), a native Dallasite who has a true zest for the extraordinary. After graduating from the University of Texas, Eric’s travels have taken him to many countries in Europe, the Middle East and North Africa over the course of six years, while residing in France, Spain, Italy and Israel. Artist, designer, explorer, seeker, poet and food aficionado, Eric is intrigued by the arts, performance, fashion, wine and loves to lose himself in music (even his own).
Fresh from Seattle, where Eric dabbled in DJ-ing, enjoying nature and spent generous amounts of time tapping into the subconscious, he began formulating his ideas for Quixotic. If English is not your language, Eric will be happy to converse with you in Italian, French, Spanish or Hebrew.